Friday, March 14, 2014

Because Of Luke by F. X. Scully


Because Of Luke by F. X. Scully

Lewiston Blues # 1

This epic journey takes place over years and follows two sisters that are preacher’s daughters and a pair of brothers who are in a band as their lives intertwine.

This book is set in the 1990’s and I am not a period reader.  I to imagine the characters in the here and now even if the book is written in a certain period as long as it is not spelled out then I can handle it.  Having said that, I thought that I would not like this book despite growing up in the 90’s.  Boy was I wrong!

I feel like I need therapy after finishing this book!  The plot was something off a Jerry Springer episode and I was just along for the ride.  This train wreck in the making was  something I won’t soon forget.

The charters develop nicely as they progress through the years in this coming of age saga.

I really enjoyed this book.  The plot progressed at a steady pace and had a movie type vibe going on.  The drama definitely flowed, but the surprise ending left my mouth hanging wide open.

The repeated miscommunications increase the OMG factor and pair that with the gut wrenching emotions will have readers hook, line, and sinker.

This series is one to watch out for!

Synopsis:

Music, love and sibling rivalry…all Because of Luke.

Three years ago, Shannon was a wild child. Parties, boys. You name it, she did it. But she's changed and the only way to truly turn things around is to finish college and hop on a plane to…anywhere else. Until an unexpected encounter throws her off track.

Sheila’s been covering for her big sister for as long as she can remember. Now it’s her turn. But her rebellious plans don’t include small-town fun. She’s got her eye on something better—a group of budding rock stars and a summer-long tour.

In the middle of the sisters lands Luke, a determined college student who’s pretty sure he just met his soul mate. But loyalty to his big brother means leaving her behind to go on a three-month tour with his band. Desperate to get over the girl, he soon becomes entranced with the groupie who’s come along for the ride only to find he’ll have to make a tough choice—and not without breaking some hearts along the way.



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment