Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This Man Series by Jodi Ellen Malpas





This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
This Man # 1
 
this man1
This Man is the first installment in the self titled series by Jodi Ellen Malpas. 
I have just started reading erotic romance and I think I might be hooked.  I have yet to read 50 Shades, but have been reading some fantastic Indy authors.  This genre is quite different from the YA/NA tame book that I am use to.
I have several gripes with this book, but with all the drama going on within the pages I can honestly say that I am hooked. 
Gripe # 1 – Ava is way too wishy washy one minute she loves Jesse and the next she is leaving him.
Gripe # 2 – Jesse is too controlling.  Don’t get me wrong I love a HOT alpha male but the overbearing childish attitude gets old quick.
Ok, having said that I couldn’t put this book down.  All the DRAMA, back and forth fighting, one minute I love you the next I can’t stand you, works for this book.  Even though most of the time I was rolling my eyes and thinking here we go again, it was honestly like watching a train wreck…you want to do something to stop it but you are so mesmerized your can’t help but look.
I don’t want you guys to take this the wrong way.  I liked this book and the more I read the deeper I got sucked in. 
I really liked the plot.  The characters were flawed, neurotic, and controlling but worked well in this book.  It kind of reminded me of my ex.  You know most of us have had “the one”.  The one who we had mind blowing chemistry with and the sex was through the roof, but the drama was too much and a relationship just didn’t work out. 
All in all, I loved this book.  The characters were realistically flawed even though I had some issues with them.  I have already loaded the second installment on my Kindle.
Synopsis:
Young interior designer Ava O’Shea has an appointment for a first consultation at The Manor with the owner, Mr. Jesse Ward. She is expecting nothing more than an overweight, cravat wearing, well-to-do countryman, and on arrival, nothing would suggest otherwise. How wrong could she be? This Man is devastatingly handsome, charming and confident. He is also a conceited, hedonistic playboy, who knows no boundaries. Ava desperately does not want to be attracted to him, but she can’t control the overwhelming affect he has on her. Every instinct is telling her to run, so she does, but Jesse Ward is not so willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her. She knows she is heading for heartbreak, but how can she run when he won’t let her?



Beneath This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
This Man # 2
 
man2
Beneath This Man is the second installment in this This Man series by Jodi Ellen Malpas.  I just so happen to get hooked on this series with This Man and couldn’t stop at just one book in this series.
The drama rises in this book.  We dive deeper into the relationship of Ava and Jesse.  Jesse’s past is something that Ava is having a difficult time getting over and Ava’s rebellion is causing Jesse to go postal.  Ok, folks that is all the recap you will get from me.  If you want to know more read the book.
I feel like I might need therapy after this book!  I love to hate and hate to love this couple.  All the drama couldn’t be written better.  This installment was genius and is sure to hook everyone who reads this book. 
 
 
Synopsis:
Jesse Ward drowned her with his intensity and blindsided her with his passion, but he kept her away from his dark secrets and broken soul. Leaving him was the only way Ava O'Shea could survive. She should have known that Jesse Ward is impossible to escape--and now he's back in her life, determined to remind her of the sensual pleasures they had shared. Ava is equally determined to get at the truth beneath this man's steely exterior. That means letting herself get close to the Lord of the Manor once more. And it's exactly where Jesse wants her--within touching distance...
 
 
This Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas
This Man # 3
 
This Man Confessed it the third and final installment in the This Man series by Jodi Ellen Malpas. 
The last chapter in this series knocked me off my feet.  The drama between the characters seemed to be toned down a notch, but nonetheless dramatic.  The intrapersonal conflicts were genius as was the character development.
The way the characters come full circle impressed me as well as put a smile on my face.  The love these two have for each other is endearing and progresses beautifully.  We dive into Jesse’s past in this book and all I have to say is wow. 
The plot is full of twists and turns, which I love.  The story from start to finish impressed me the most.  The chemistry in this addition is just as hot as the first two books. 
This book knocked me off my feet.  It is my favorite of all three books.  I hate to see this series come to a conclusion but it was a WILD RIDE to get here.
Synopsis:
THE STUNNING CONCLUSION TO THE THIS MAN TRILOGY!

The Manor, the very place where their passionate love affair began, fills with guests on what should be the happiest day of Ava and Jesse's lives. She has accepted that she'll never tame the fierceness in Jesse-and she doesn't want to. Their love is profound, their connection powerful, but just when she thinks that she's finally gotten beneath his guarded exterior, more questions arise, leading Ava to believe that Jesse Ward may not be the man she thinks he is. He knows too well how to take her to a place beyond ecstasy . . . but will he also drive her to the brink of despair? It's time for this man to confess.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment