Friday, October 4, 2013

Wife in Name Only


Wife in Name Only by Hayson Manning

 
Ok I had a hard time with this book and writing my review, so I did what most people do read the reviews.  I saw where people either loved it or hated it.  I am one of the few that is not in either group.  I didn’t love it, but didn’t hate it.  I’m on the fence with this one.

The idea was good, the setting was good, and the writing was good.  I just didn’t get that wow factor with this book.  I didn’t like the beginning when the setting was changing and it took a slow start.  I can’t put my finger on what it was, but this book was just ok for me.

Synopsis:

Trapped in a loveless marriage, Zoe Hughes escaped to make a new life for herself on the tiny island of Tonga. Now she runs a successful boutique honeymoon resort. Selling true love is easy. No one needs to know she's married in name only. At least until America’s premier honeymoon magazine wants to publish a feature on her perfect marriage. Now she must convince her estranged husband to rip himself away from plotting corporate takeovers in LA to save her island paradise.

Rory agrees to come for forty-eight hours, but only because he needs the positive PR. To his surprise, the wife he finds in Tonga isn’t the same woman he married. Now she’s so much more…

When a storm strands Rory in Tonga, will he win back his wife or leave paradise empty-handed?

No comments:

Post a Comment