Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Dream Thieves

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
The Raven Cycle # 2

 
The Dream Thieves is the second installment in The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater.   I was introduced to this series by my co-blogger and BFF Susie.  She fell in love with this series, so I gave it a try.  I read The Raven Boys and didn’t love it, but as a reviewer I have had some ruff goes with the opener of a series.  I try to read the second installment of the series I don’t care for to see if it was just me or I really don’t like the series.  I didn’t get into The Dream Thieves. 

Ok, so don’t throw rotten tomatoes at me.  I have read the review and they are outstanding.  I am not going to pick this book apart.  The writing style is through the roof spectacular.  Ms. Stiefvater has an unusually technique or writing in which every word she writes means something.  I have never read another writing style like hers. 

The plot was good and well thought out as well as the characters.  I just couldn’t get into this book.  I know it is me not the author or the book.  I can’t put my finger on why I didn’t get engulfed in this one.  I really wanted to because of all the rave reviews and the writing style, but unfortunately it was a big miss in my book.

Synopsis:

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...

No comments:

Post a Comment