Saturday, September 14, 2013

Not Your Ordinary Wolf Girl

Not Your Ordinary Wolf Girl
by Emily Pohl-Weary

 
This cover and blurb provoked me until I clicked request from Netgalley.  I loved the premise of this book.  Rock stars and werewolves are two of my all time favorite genres so I thought that this book would be awesome.  It kind of fell flat and was just ok.  I was expecting much more mainly because I have read some great books in both genres to compare this book to.

The main character Sam got herself in some sticky situations.  She also seemed to have some pretty serious phobias which kinda got on my nerves a bit.  I did like the fact that there was a love triangle starting to play in the plot.  I like Harris though he was serious with his girlfriend and the broke it off to pursue Sam.  I also liked Marlon even though he was creepy and stalkerish.

All in all this was a fun book.

Synopsis:

Sometimes Living in the Big Apple Really Bites!

Eighteen-year-old rock star Sam Lee isn't like other girls. She's the super-talented bass player and songwriter for an all-girl indie band and an incurable loner. Then one night after a concert in Central Park, she's attacked by a wild dog.

Suddenly, this long-time vegetarian is craving meat--the bloodier, the better. Sam finds herself with an unbelievable secret and no one she trusts to share it. And so begin the endless lies to cover up the hairy truth...

When a new girl gang appears in the city--with claws and paws--Sam suspects there's a connection to her own inner beast. Trapped in a tug-of-war between her animal and human selves, forced to choose between the guy who sparked her carnal appetite and the one who makes her feel like a normal teenage girl, Sam has to unravel the mysteries of the werewolf world before her bandmates, her mother, and the media catch up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment