Saturday, August 31, 2013

Stella & Dane

Stella & Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance by Deanna Roy

 

I am on the fence with this book.  I really wanted to like this book but it’s a hard review.  It is a progressive book that takes place over years; to be honest I got bored reading it.  I can sum this book up in a paragraph.  It wasn’t that it was a bad book, just not my style.  I was expecting more or a pivotal moment so I kept reading and reading and reading.  That moment didn’t come.  I also didn’t like that Dane was with Darlene and then decided he wanted Stella and they both knew.  I also didn’t like the fact that Dane went to prison for killing someone and Stella waited 12 years for him.  The things that I really didn’t like was Dane was hot, but a jack ass and not in the hot alpha male kind of way.  Dane went to prison that is a total turn off.  Stella was unemotional with her grandmother’s illness; almost like it was swept under the rug.  The things that I did like were the plot was unique and the writing style was not bad.  The couple fall in love over a few week period and Stella waits years for Dane; this is endearing but not enough for me.  I was mostly thinking what the heck was that at the end of this one.

Synopsis:

Stella is one step from leaving her honky tonk town when bad-boy Dane roars down Main Street on his prized Harley-Davidson. Their dangerous romance keeps the locals talking, but when Dane is arrested after a deadly bar fight, the couple discovers their love runs deeper than their reputations.

Fans of “Baby Dust” will enjoy reading the backstory of their favorite characters in an edgy romance that moves from Stella’s small town bordering the Ozarks to the famous Missouri State Penitentiary, proving that the best kind of love is the one that endures.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment