Sunday, August 11, 2013

Secrets of the Eternal Rose Series

Belladonna by Fiona Paul

 

Belladonna is the highly anticipated follow up to Venom in the Secrets of the Eternal Rose series.  I am new to the author and this series, but read rave reviews about Venom and this series.  So, when I saw Belladonna on Netgalley I requested it.  I guess I should have read the first book before reading this one to get the jest of the plot.  I felt like I was missing something important and the back-story.  I went ahead and read this book regardless.


 This book was hard to get into.  The back-story and information was not there.  It was like starting a mini-series on the second night.  The setting was descriptively delicious and put me right in this historical book from the beginning.  The plot was thrilling with a gothic twist; and the hint of a love triangle was an added bonus.  I will have to go back and read book one.
My one complaint is the cover change.  It went form outstanding –I would buy this book just for the cover- to cheap I would have to read the blub and it would have to be a good one to buy it.  I would definitely rethink the cover change.  I will let you be the judge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment