Friday, July 12, 2013

Crossing

Crossing by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

3 Stars

Ok where to start with this review.  I saw the cover, saw it was NA, and thought this is a book that I will fall in love with.  I guess you can call me a dumb blond.  I read the synopsis saw that he stole her lipstick and the name of this book is Crossing, but it never dawned on me that this book could be about cross-dressing.  I did figure it out when they went to the drag bar together for a date. 

It took some big balls to write a book so far off the beaten path, and this was totally out of my comfort zone.  But the book was actually good.  I can’t say that I would have done the same if I was put this situation, but you never know.  So I give the author props for writing something from the heart, this book is based on a true story, and approaching a topic so controversial in such a delicate manor.  With being said I loved the humor in this book and I loved the sarcasm of Dani’s character.

 Synopsis:

Due to heavy subject matter, Crossing is recommended for readers 17+.

He stole her lipstick…and her heart.

Twenty-year-old Dani Walker can’t believe her luck when she’s paired up with the gorgeous Liam Garrett as her Acting I scene partner – or when he ends up in her bed. Being a Plain Jane with a mouth on her hasn’t exactly served Dani well in the guy department. In fact, she’s had nothing but one night stands. Still, she lets go of her insecurities and falls for Liam, despite feeling like he’s holding something back.

When Dani finally discovers Liam’s secret, she must learn the true meaning of accepting the ones we love for who they are, or risk losing the best thing that’s ever happened to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment