Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cityscape Series

Come Undone by Jessica Hawkins
4 ½ stars

Come Undone is the first installment in the Cityscape series and what a HOT series it is.  The only problem that readers might have with this story-line is it is about an extra marital affair.  This is the books only downfall.

I, as an open minded happily married woman and mother of two, can see where temptations can come into marriages; I also do believe if you are tempted to stray then get divorced and do what makes you happy.  I also am a fan of this book, it is fiction and it is romance and it is steamy.

It only has one sex scene, but the chemistry these two have is off the chain.  I wish Olivia had this with her husband but he seems to be over looking her.  I also wanted Bill aka the husband to do something like have an affair or get wacked by the gang so Liv could be with David.  Does that make me a bad person?  I hope not.

I think that this scenario happens with a lot of married couples.  They just get into a routine, a rut if you will, and do not know how to get out of it.  Life just happens.  Thank God that I met my David at sixteen and are still going strong after eighteen years (seven of marriage).  But if Channing Tatum ever comes back to Cullman, AL, or Adam Levine, Ian Sommerhalder (or any of the VD male cast) or Tyler Hoechlin comes knocking on my door I might change my mind.  Just kidding I think…

This book is a serious cliffhanger.   I can not believe Ms. Hawkins left us hanging like this.  All I can say is that I hope she continues this series and Liv and David get their happily ever after for such a cliffhanger. 

Synopsis

Olivia Germaine has already found love. Devoted wife, loyal friend, determined career woman - she’s created the life she always envisioned.
But when Olivia locks eyes with a handsome stranger across a crowded room, he peers a little too closely and sees emotions she thought she’d buried long ago.
David Dylan, alleged playboy and eternal bachelor, challenges Olivia to confront the life she’s built and to make decisions that could either lead to happiness . . . or regret.
Will Olivia be able to draw the line between lust and love?
And can David respect that line?
 
 
Come Alive by Jessica Hawkins
 
4 1/2 stars
 
Come Alive is the second book in the Cityscape series and continues the love triangle of Olivia, Bill (the husband), and David (the affair).  I devoured both books in one day and I am waiting patiently on the next chapter.
I can not get over this series and the emotional journey that we are one while reading Cityscapes.  I did, however, find Liv kind of annoying in this one. The stupid decisions she makes and the depth of her deception make me want to shake her. Stop stringing David along if you want him and leave Bill.  Just pick one already and stop being greedy. I think that she is so broken and ashamed in the beginning that she is not rational.  She thinks if she does not think about her affair (in book one) and acts normal that it will just go away.  She does not see that in by doing this she is not acting normal and shutting everyone out.  I also think that this guilt trip that she is on is believable and well written.  Her flaws capture readers and draw them into her world.
And what can I say about David he is rich, hot, and totally in love with Olivia.  He is her rock and she tells him things that she does not tell her husband.  He is a demanding, passionate, playboy and a fool to coming running back every times she calls.  Bill on the other hand is a hard working, loyal husband that wants to give Liv the house, kids, and future.  I feel sorry for Bill in this book, but he does not see the signs on the rocky relationship he has and if he suspects anything he does nothing to fix it.  I wanted to slap some sense into him and give him a wake up call.
I liked the first book but the emotion in this book is so unbelievably heartfelt that I was swept into the story and my heart broke for these characters.  The cast in this book are more passionate thus captivating the audience.  The ending was what I had hoped for and I can’t wait to see what come next.  This book is on my “must read” list.  I give this book 4 1/2 stars and I love the cover!
Synposis
Determined to move on with her life, Olivia Germaine has vowed to forget David Dylan. Struggling to keep her head above water, she focuses on her new promotion and refuses to drown in the memory of their night together.
But when Olivia realizes what life without David means, she must decide if she is willing to risk everything for him . . . and if she is ready to reopen the wounds of her past.
Can Olivia move forward with her marriage despite her feelings for David?
And can David stay away like he promised?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment