Monday, May 20, 2013

Hollywood Strip

Hollywood Strip by Sharmron Moore

 


Hollywood Strip seems to be the first book written by Shamron Moore.  I could not find any other published work under the author’s name.  This book is set to hit shelves June 18, 2013. 

Let me start out by saying the synopsis of this book seems promising, but the story didn’t reach its full potential for me.  I could see this book being so much better with less filler and more focus.  Don’t get me wrong, I liked this book but I didn’t feel vested in the plot. 

It seems like the author tried too hard to fit every idea in this book.  In my opinion, if this book was edited properly it would be so much better.  I can see this book as a hit or even, dare I say, a series (yes I know I secretly want most book to become a series) but with a good editor I would follow Callie’s story to the next chapter.  I would like to know what happens with Mitch and Victoria.  Honestly that is the reason I kept reading this book. 

Don’t get me started on the ending that was rushed so bad that you almost feel like you were cheated or wasted hours reading this book.  And the cover was atrocious. As far as grandma’s name Esme isn’t that one of the Twilight characters?  How original.

On a positive note, the drama, rendezvous’, back stabbing, cursing, Tyler, and the ever so hot Evan (even though that whole situation was leaving me saying WTF?) did work for the book. 

I hate to rip a book apart but I did like the plot and I believe it has good potential with, again, good editing.

In Hollywood Strip we follow the up and coming actress Callie Lambert on her rise to fame.  From waiting table to a prime time TV show Callie remains the same as the world around her changes.  Love, romance, friends, and family come and go from her crazy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment