Saturday, March 30, 2013

Unravel Me


Unravel Me
               After reading Unravel Me and Destroy Me ( a novella from Warner’s POV), I’ve come to the conclusion that one has to be a die-hard Adam fan to still be (completely) Team Adam after reading them. You don’t even have to read Destroy Me, either. But you should because it might just change your mind. If you’re still an Adam fan (no riding the fence) after reading chapter sixty-two (like I did nineteen Duggar family times and counting) in Unravel Me, then there’s no help for you; you’re a yippee-ki-yay, Adam die-hard. Might I presume that you might be a Bill Compton (ugh!) fan, too? Just kidding;) 
              Don’t get me wrong, I like Adam. However, next to Warren, he looks like, well…like boring, pointless, sulking Bill next to Lord have mercy, exciting, delectable, bad boy Eric. I really think that you can draw a loose, albeit similar, comparison between these characters. And to Stefan and Damon, as well. Warner is somewhat slightly, shall we say...maniacally intense (okay, I really didn't want to use the word psychotic), but c'mon, Eric and Damon aren't the most normal love interests, either. And I love me some Eric! I love me some Stefan, too-so I don't always go for the bad boy. But let’s be real, regardless, the author will probably go the predictable, safe, and uncomplicated route in the last book. So, you Team Adam fans will probably win out in the end. If she doesn’t though (fingers crossed), I will gladly throw the universe a twenty or two or three. 
               Okay, on a serious note, Unravel Me was one of the best books that I’ve read this year. It has romance (chapter sixty-two alone is priceless! Read it! Devour it!), action-adventure, dystopian and paranormal elements, and a messy and emotional, roller-coaster love triangle. Oh, and an author who can string the most poetic sentences together, like nobody’s business. No sophomoric slump here, blogger friends. And Keniji. Awwww. Honestly, if I could, I would conjure up some magic touching potion, and pair him with Juliette before I would Adam. Sorry Adam, you’ve just been relegated to last place in my book. Now, on the other hand, if you’re last name was Levine…you'd be a total first place contender (wink). As a totally random aside, I just saw him in concert and he looks even better up close. How someone could look so hot with a map of sweat on their face, I don't know, but he manages to pull it off. I'll be his towel girl, for sure. I wonder what he would look like with blonde hair and green colored contacts...hmmm. 
               I’m not going to go on and on about this book, just pick it up and read it-after you’ve read Shatter Me and Destroy Me, of course. In addition, please feel free to share your thoughts on the book or on the love triangle and/or interests.

Unravel Me - 5 stars out of 5!



Unravel Me playlist:
I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons
Daylight by Maroon 5 (Warner and Juliette-chapter 62)
Wanted by Hunter Hayes (Warner and Juliette-chapter 62)
If I’m Not In Love by Faith Hill (Juliette’s feelings for Warner-wishful thinking, perhaps?)
Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson (Juliette at the end of the book)
Just Give Me A Reason by Pink
I Saw by Matt Nathanson




Reviewed by Susannah B;)

No comments:

Post a Comment