Monday, March 11, 2013

Burn for Burn

Burn For Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian



Revenge is oh so sweet or is it…

The cover was beautiful and the synopsis was good, but the story itself was far better. I really enjoyed watching these characters develop and the plot thicken as the pages flew by. I was however, confused by the ending and the possibility of a paranormal twist. One minute I was reading this good book and the next thing I knew there was no more text. I thought that maybe my reader went haywire, but no folks, the story literally just stops. This is why I left this book at a 3 star review, if it would have ended properly I would have had no problem giving it 4 stars maybe even 4 ½. This book is definitely a guilty pleasure. I really didn’t want to like this book because of the bullying theme, but I could not put it down a demolished it in one sitting. I am looking forward for book #2.

Three very different girls, from 3 very different backgrounds come together for one reason REVENGE. Lillia, Kat, and Mary have three very different stories that intertwine with each other’s lives. Lillia is the sidekick girl in the “mean girls” clique. She seems to be growing a conscience. Kat is the girl that got kicked to the curb in middle school by the mean girls. Mary is the ugly duckling that turned into a swan with a jaded past. Pick on these girls and wish you didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment