Sunday, March 31, 2013

Beyond Eden

Beyond Eden by Kele Moon
 
 
So, let me start off by saying I love Kele Moon, I have read her Battered Hearts Series and I can not wait for the next installment.  I pick this particular book because I wanted to enhance my erotic knowledge, as I do not usually read this genre.  I also picked Kele Moon because of her exceptional writing and she has quickly become one of my favorite authors.  I did not realize that this book was published under Ellora’s Cave or that there were two men embraced on the front of this book.  I actually did not real the synopsis because I believe in Kele Moon’s writing so much I knew I would not be disappointed.  I have to say that with the few contacts that I have had with erotic writing this has been one of the better ones I have read.  This is BDMS and polyamory at its best.  The character’s flaws are realistic and I can see where each one could relate to the BDSM world Eve being lost in her life, Paul feeling inferior and Danny feeling lonely and putting up a guard. I do not have any exposure to this type of encounter, so I find that this threesome who can not choose between two people unrealistic.  I also do not see how three people can live and love each other like this threesome does.  That being said I could not put this book down even thought I wanted to because of its content.  I was like reading into someone’s fetish and into their soul.  This book to me was not just about sex but about relationships.  The past between Evie Girl and Paul Guy really hit home because of the realism and the love that she has for Danny Boy seems to be like a friends with benefits type thing.  I can not relate to the relationship between the two guys, but can see it happening in the real world.  I just don’t see how this relationship can continue to work out without jealously in the future. I am compelled to read the second book just to see how this relationship will develop.  For this not to be my style Kele Moon did an excellent job writing this one. 
 
Synopsis
Three lifelong friends find themselves tangled in a web of love, pain and dangerous secrets in this erotic Garden of Eden tale.

Tall, dark and handsome Danny Carlow has always gotten whatever he wants except for the two he wants more than anything-his best friends, lovers Paul and Eve. Determined, he waits like a snake in the grass, poised for the right moment to offer them a temptation too delicious to resist.

Artist Eve Everton makes the painful decision to leave her true love Paul for the siren call of New York City. Ten years later, with her life in shambles, she returns. When Paul's waiting arms aren't available, Eve falls for Danny's charm and finds herself a willing accomplice in the dangerous games Danny plays.

Former college football star Paul Mattling is now a successful attorney with a bright future ahead of him. But behind those brilliant blue eyes are secret desires for a taste of the forbidden. Will he play it safe or give in to Danny and Eve and bite the apple?

Reader Advisory: Not for the faint of heart, the pain in this story is vivid and real, the emotions even more so. Haunting and poignant, Beyond Eden presents a darker side of BDSM. You might gasp. You might cry. You might find yourself reading it again and again.

1 comment: