Friday, January 24, 2014

Midnight Magic Mystery Series by Jennifer Harlow


What’s A Witch to Do? By Jennifer Harlow
A Midnight Magic Mystery # 1
 
 

 

Don’t judge a book by its cover.  This cover did not impress me, but I gave it a go and I am sure glad I did. This paranormal romance was right up my alley for a quick read.  Harlow creates a whole cast of quirky characters in What’s a Witch to Do? The strong female heroine who can take care of herself is one of my favorite things about this book.  The other cast members include an uptight doctor, a sexy werewolf, a couple of cute kids and cousins galore round out the perfection of the plot.  With mystery, romance, and a paranormal twist you can not go wrong with this book.

 

Mona McGregor, guardian of her nieces, high priestess, shop owner, and single lady, gets a knock on her door in the middle of the night she never expected it to be Adam Blue, sexy werewolf.  He is bleeding and explains that Mona’s life is in danger and someone is trying to kill her.  Mona and Adam try to get to the bottom of this mystery.  Although, Mona has her eyes set on a hot doctor who is new in town.  Mona tries to juggle her life, romance, and this mystery while helping her sister with last minute wedding plans.



 
Werewolf Sings The Blues by Jennifer Harlow

A Midnight Magic Mystery # 2


So I read What’s A Witch To Do? Last year and was pleasantly surprised on how much I liked it.  So I thought that I would keep up with the series and try Werewolf Sings The Blues.  When I open this book it points out that this book is set 8 years before the previous.  I thought to be strange, but gave it a go anyway.

I really enjoyed this book.  It mentioned the characters in the previous book faintly.  It is a good mix of action and romance.  I loved the sarcasm and banter of the characters.  This book has a hint of mystery but nothing that requires too much thinking.

I loved Jason.  He is the perfect strong, silent type.

Synopsis:

 The last thing Vivian needs is to be thrust into a werewolf war

If Vivian Dahl's life had a soundtrack, every song would be the Blues. She's pushing thirty, her singing career is going nowhere, and the partying lifestyle is taking its toll. Plus, a mysterious man is stalking her. But when she's abducted from a singing gig, Vivian is surprised to see her stalker become her savior. Jason is her werewolf rescuer sent by the biological father who abandoned her as a baby. Finding herself on the run, Vivian drives across America with the enigmatic Jason and learns about the werewolf war her father's pack is caught in. Now that an opposing pack has targeted her, Jason will stop at nothing to make sure Vivian's song isn't cut short

No comments:

Post a Comment