Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Prophecy Girl

Prophecy Girl by Faith McKay

There are some books that just stand out and you can’t forget this book was not one of them.  I’m really not sure how I feel about this book.  I was slow, to say the least.  I was expecting big things form this book as it has 4.5 stars on Goodreads, for me, it was a flop.  I loved to hate Sam’s horrible mother and was hoping the father would step up, but he was useless and the mother was psychotic.  I loved Violet and her prayers.  I also like the concept of Sam and Nick’s relationship, but are they just friends or not?  I can’t say that I would read a sequel to this book.  Maybe it was just me, but this book was not something that I would remember or recommend. With that being said, the writing style and wording was good.

This was a read to review from Goodreads
Ever since Samantha Winthrop's mother moved them to Lacuna Valley, supposedly in search of better weather, the list of strange questions she has no answers for has been growing out of control.


Does her little sister, Violet, have the ability to make things happen just by "praying" for them? Are Sam's dreams really predicting the future? Is she destined to marry the boy she just met, and what is the mysterious orb that he's guarding? Why does she get the impression that there are dangerous creatures watching from the woods?

While Sam should be focusing on answering those questions, there is one other that makes them seem almost irrelevant: Is her mother planning on killing her and Violet?

2 comments:

  1. NICE BLOG :)
    http://cutenailtutorials.blogspot.gr/ PLEASE FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW BACK SO YOU CAN HELP ME BUY MORE PINA BUTTER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found you on Goodreads and I'm a new follower. Please follow me back at sychofaeriesbookobsession.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete