Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fix by Force

Fix By Force By Jason Warne


This book missed the mark for me. I was really excited when it came out for a read to review and I saw how many 5 star reviews it was given. Let me say, that this book was written well, but I had a problem with the plot from the start. I think what hindered it for me is I work for a school system. The misbehavior of the characters in this book at school and after school activities are real situations, but are portrayed in the wrong light. I know myself and the teachers I work with would never turn our heads to these types of behavior. I also know that some situations are not caught, and bulling and drug use are real issues, regardless, that took away from the book for me. May this plot was just to personal for me to give a nonbiased review.




From Goodreads

Spencer doesn't have a choice.He can't choose to be different than what he is--the son of the town's worst enemy, the weakling who can't stand up for himself, the loser without friends.He can't change the way things are.Or maybe he can.Immediate confidence.Rapid change.Instant hope.These are the things Spencer believes he needs to fix his life, and that is what the steroids promise--a quick fix.But promises can be broken and shortcuts are often treacherous, and Spencer must decide if those risks are worth the perceived rewards--if "artificial" hope is strong enough for him to be fixed, by force.



No comments:

Post a Comment